Mathematics plays an integral role in the field of science, especially in physics. Mathematical principles and techniques are used in physics to solve various problems and to model physical phenomena. In JEE, the score of mathematics becomes the deciding factor in case of a tie in the overall score of two or more students. But among JEE aspirant's mathematics is considered to be the hardest because of the fear out of it. To overcome your fear, you are advised to start preparing pretty well in advance by following the right procedure.
And the first step towards your goal is to know the syllabus, which topics carry more weightage, which topics are easy to score. So, here are some topics which must be done before appearing in the exam.
1. Calculus-- Calculus is one of the largest and vital units of mathematics. It is divided into two sections-.
a) Differential calculus-- It includes:
2) Limit and continuity
4) Application of derivatives
a) Integral calculus-- It includes:
1) Indefinite integration
2) Definite integration
3) Differential equations
4) Area under curves
Before studying integral calculus, clear your concept of differential calculus. It is a must-do unit. This whole unit covers around 33-40% of the total questions. Get well versed with every standard formula and technique used in calculus.
2. Co-ordinate Geometry-- It is one of the most interesting and comparatively scoring units of JEE mathematics. Every year around 4-5 questions are asked from this section. It is also further divided into sub-parts like:
a) 2D Geometry-- It covers topics like Distance Formula, Section Formula, Locus of point, Transformation of an axis.
b) Straight Lines- It includes the concept of the equation of straight lines and questions mostly asked from topic like:
• Distance of a point from the line
• Distance between two parallel lines
• Concurrency of lines
• Collinearity of points
• The angle between two lines
• Position of point w.r.t line
c) Conic section-- Questions from this unit are generally asked based on eccentricity and recognition of conics. Topics that come under this are:
• Pair of straight lines
3) Trigonometry- It has been considered as one of the most important chapters since class 10th. Although only 1-2 direct questions are asked from this unit in JEE exam, still it has lots of importance because its identities and formulae are used in almost all chapters like calculus, algebra, geometry, properties of the triangle, etc. So, students must have sound knowledge of trigonometry.
4) Algebra - It is an immeasurable unit of mathematics. Questions from this section are a bit hard and calculative. Major topics to be covered under algebra are Quadratic equations, Matrices and Determinants, Complex Number, Series and Progressions, Logarithms, Permutations and Combinations, Binomial theorem, Probability. Almost 10-11 questions come from this section in the exam.
• Easy-Peasy Topics-
1. Sets and Relation
3. Mathematical Reasoning
4. Height and distance
5. Vector & 3D
These are some topics which are very easy and every year one question is asked from each topic.
• Always start your preparation with class 11th & 12th NCERT, solve all the questions at least once, and don't miss the miscellaneous questions at end of each chapter.
• Refer to Objective Mathematics by RD Sharma
• IIT Mathematics by ML Khanna.
• Differential Calculus and Algebra by Arihant.
• Solve previous year's JEE question paper.
1. While practicing, always attempt questions first instead of watching solutions.
2. Learn the graphical approach of solving problems as it is less time-consuming than the conventional approach. Some questions can also be solved by the elimination process. It will save your time during the exam. Practice these hacks during preparation time.
3. Give mock test papers regularly in the last month and analyze your mistakes.
4. Make a list of all the formulae and identities. Keep revising them every-day.
5. At last, practice as much as you can. It will boost your confidence and reduce your silly mistakes.
Progressive minds provide the learning platform that brings expert educators together with students in need of quality education. Progressive minds committed to enhancing the ways of teaching and learning skills in INDIA. It is one of the best Coaching Institute in Delhi for Maths, PGT Maths, Science classes, IIT JEE, and best coaching for engineering in India.
For more details, visit the site: https://www.progressiveminds.in/